Friday 31 January 2014

Tuesday 28th January: After School Hour

I detest the idea of routine, but somehow I am settled into one daily habit that I can't shake. 

Each day when I arrive home from school I know that I have an hour and forty minutes until the rest of my family gets back. Maybe I could spend this quiet time working? And yet each day I first find myself reaching into the cupboards looking for a snack. 

Next we move to the sofa, to 'rest after the hard day', where I become attached to an episode of Hawaii Five-0, a detective show conveniently aired so that I can watch almost an entire episode after school. 

My last routine habit involves me running to the table to commence work at 4:40, the give the illusion that I have been hard at work for the last hour and a half.

Yep, my life everybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment