Thursday 2 January 2014

Thursday 2nd January: Fish

I have never really given fish more than a second's thought. However, I can still appreciate them.

I like most fish, especially the lurid, exotic ones, and the tiny ones. In Egypt I dived into a coral reef of a thousand colours and degrees of luminosity. My favourite was the chess piece fish of black face, white tail. I like regular fish too; on more than one occasion I have protected my guppies from the hungry cat.

Fish aren't a grand topic in England; fishing, maybe, but not fish. The fish probably couldn't handle the rivers near here. In somewhere like Japan, I imagine that fish is a lot more prized the food features fish more, too. The only thing I can think of when I hear 'fish is food' (besides the obvious fish and chips), is the fact that Cod could become endangered soon. Those guys have to tough it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment