Monday 3 February 2014

Monday 3rd January: Taylor Swift

I went to see Taylor Swift's Red Tour yesterday. Wow! She was incredible and her whole set was perfect!

I feel that Taylor Swift has gotten a bad reputation in recent years: her music is only for girls under the age of 13 and anyone who listens to her is very much in the Señor Chang field of Gay. It actually saddens me so much that people are made to feel ashamed of liking her music by society(or any particular music, for that matter). I still love her because I appreciate that she is just a young woman who is trying to live her life full of happiness and hope, and inspiring others to do the same. Her outlook of finding beauty in everything is something that I think we could all learn from. 

I love that her songs tell actual stories, of real people in real life, written with the true feelings. This makes all of her songs so personal, but still so relatable, and they have more of a message than most of the songs in the charts at the minute. But the greatest thing that I love about her music is that I can sing to it, loudly. I can find no greater joy than when belting out the chorus of Sparks Fly or Red, and I wouldn't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment